ExpertAppraiser
ExpertAppraiser, Accredited Appraiser
Experience:  USPAP appraiser: art, antiques, coins and collectibles.
59032044

I was wondering how much are antique nouveau jewelry caskets

Customer Question

I was wondering how much are antique nouveau jewelry caskets worth
JA: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: i bought 8 old antique gold tone metal nouveau jewelry caskets and was wondering what they might be worth..there in good condition for how old they are
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: that's all i really know about them
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  ExpertAppraiser replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for the question! The value depends greatly on the size, style and quality. As a general rule, in good condition these Victorian/Art Nouveau style jewelry caskets sell at the $50 to $80 level with those with more macabre Victorian themes - like small caskets - selling for $75 to $125 at auction and in online marketplaces like Etsy. At antique shops, they can sell for more. (Here's a great general resource, see: http://www.collectorsweekly.com/fine-jewelry/jewelry-boxes)

Please rate my professionalism in answering your question using the 5-star in the upper corner. It is the sole way that Just Answer experts receive credit for answering questions and it closes the question so I can help others as I helped you. Thank you.

Thanks for viewing the answer I prepared for you. If you found this helpful, please use the rating system in the upper corner of the question to rate my professionalism as it's the sold way experts get credit for assisting people and it can close the question so I can help others as I helped you.