ExpertAppraiser
ExpertAppraiser, Accredited Appraiser
Experience:  USPAP appraiser: art, antiques, coins and collectibles.
59032044

I have a small oil painting sighted by W. Gold frame cabin

Customer Question

I have a small oil painting sighted by W Morris. Gold frame cabin in background boat tied up at woods beach are.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  ExpertAppraiser replied 8 months ago.

Thanks for the question! W. Morris was an american artist active in the mid-1960s and his traditional landscapes like your generally sell at the $75 to $125 level. Here's one that sold at a recent auction that's comparable to yours: https://www.ebth.com/items/1159461-oil-on-canvas-of-cabin-on-a-lake-by-w-morris - unfortunately the artist is not listed and painted in a style similar to many of his/her peers.

Thanks for viewing the answer I prepared. If you found this helpful, please use the rating system in the upper corner of the question to rate my professionalism as it's the sold way experts get credit for assisting people and it can close the question so I can help others as I helped you.