Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

What is the value of a late Victorian set - Newly

Customer Question

What is the value of a late Victorian set - Newly reupholstered sofa, excellent condition, two matching side chairs, must get reupholstered. Wood trim, velvet.?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. What confuses you?
Customer: See my description please
JA: Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: The sofa is in sage green velvet, simple wood trim, bullet tacks. The matching chairs, one a little larger for the man, are in very dark green velvet and need recovering - seat is split, you can see the horse hair.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: The set belonged to my great grandparents - from late 19th century, Victorian, simple lines, not curvy, American.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. There were no pictures that came with your question (the site has been having an issue).
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures (again, if you already have) of the item and any marks, labels or writing.