Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I bought a velvet painting about 20 years ago in Boston. The

Customer Question

Hi! I bought a velvet painting about 20 years ago in Boston. The painting is of Jenny Linde and the antique shop that sold it to me said that it was called a "cartoon" and use to hang in an opera house in Kent, Ohio. I've looked at the Kent Ohio Opera house in photographs and never say any paintings similar to mine. So I have doubts."
JA: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: It's about 6 feet high, 3 feet wide. She is painted on black velvet and the signature is Nelson Gardner
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the painting,
signature and any labels on the back of the completed framing.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello,Nevermind. After paying my initial $5 I was hit with an additional charge for a membership I did not want. So this will all stop here. I seriously have too many things on my plate to have to deal with unauthorized charges.I've already contacted justanswer and asked for a refund. This is very much of a Pain-in-my-vintage-butt
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com. Experts are verified users who do not handle charges,
fees, credit cards, memberships or subscriptions in any way or form. I'd still love to help, but I understand. I will send your request to customer service right now.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you so much and I really respect your time. It's just that I've gone through this sort of thing before and I am sooooo tired of online billing hassles and unauthorized charges.