ExpertAppraiser
ExpertAppraiser, Accredited Appraiser
Experience:  USPAP appraiser: art, antiques, coins and collectibles.
59032044

I have 2 collections of rare books. 1) Louis Stevenson - 26

Customer Question

I have 2 collections of rare books. 1) Robert Louis Stevenson - 26 BOOKS in the collection. Published in 1902 in New York by Charles Scribner's and Sons, copyright 1891 by Robert Louis Stevenson and Lloyd Osborne, excellent Condition 2) Complete set of Jane Austen, the Jane Austen have been rebound, "The Novels and Letters of Jane Austen" "Edited by Reginald Brimley Johnson" "with an Introduction by William Lyon Phelps, PhD" "Complete in 12 volumes" "Stoneleight Edition" "This Edition of the Novels and Letters of Jane Austen is limited to twelve hundred and fifty numbered and registered copies of which this is "Copy No. 430" Published by Frank S. Holby New York Philadelphia MCMVI" Thank you
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can you please email me a list of 3 rare book appraisers
Expert:  ExpertAppraiser replied 1 month ago.

Thanks! Current market values for your books are as follows:

1) Set of 26 Robert Louis Stevenson, Schribner (1902) - these generally sell for $20 to $30 each, and set of 26 would be at the $500 to $750 level assuming good condition( see: http://www.zvab.com/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=11604022415)

2) The Austen books generally sell for $15 to $25 each, and a set of 12 would be at the $150 to $200 level (see also: http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=18747311809)

As far as appraisers, I recommend isa-appraisers.org and using its find an appraiser function. Also, there's the Antiquarian Booksellers Association, see also: http://www.abaa.org/

Thank you! If this was helpful, please rate my professionalism using the 5-star scale as that's the only way experts receive credit.

Following-up since you elected to not use the 5-star rating system in the corner of the question. Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING NOW SO THAT I AM CREDITED BY JA for my knowledge, time and effort.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty. Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating. This will close out the question and allow me to assist others, as I assisted you.

Thanks for viewing the answer I prepared; following-up one final time to see if you need anything further since you did not rate the answer. If you found this helpful, please use the rating system in the upper corner of the question to rate my professionalism as it's the sold way experts get credit for assisting people and it can close the question so I can help others as I helped you.