rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a silver platter with trade ; MRRs; English silver;

Customer Question

I have a silver platter with trade mark; MRRs; English silver; TR, a face; Made in USA; is it worth anything?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 6 months ago.

This is the mark of English Silver Mfg Co of Boston, Massachusetts and Brooklyn, New York. This is a silver-plated tray (not sterling)

that was made between the 1950-1970 time period based on this hallmark on the bottom. They were in business from 1952 to 1990.

The tray has a current value of $35.00 retail.
Some sites that I recommend for selling are Varagesale.com, Ioffer.com, OfferUp.com, Ebay and letgo.com.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the green submit button, thanks!

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.