ExpertAppraiser
ExpertAppraiser, Accredited Appraiser
Experience:  USPAP appraiser: art, antiques, coins and collectibles.
59032044

My Mum just gave me a Pocketwatch from Elgin; supposedly

Customer Question

My Mum just gave me a Pocketwatch from Elgin; supposedly old....Serial # 11081394. Lovely. Any guesstimate on value?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: All parts are original, including hands, etc.
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I know of.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  ExpertAppraiser replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for the question! We can surprisingly know a lot just from the serial number, which indicates your watch was made around 1905. It is a model type that was produced 1903 to 1927 with a pendant wind and set and is plated. It has a 7 jewel movement and generally these sell for $125 to $250, assuming good working condition. Thank you!

Following-up to see if I can be of further assistance on this question or if something went wrong that's keeping you from rating my professionalism.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars and bonus gives me the best rating.

This will close out the question and allow me to assist others, as I assisted you.

Thanks for viewing the answer I prepared; following-up one final time to see if you need anything further since you did not rate the answer. If you found this helpful, please use the rating system in the upper corner of the question to rate my professionalism as it's the sold way experts get credit for assisting people and it can close the question so I can help others as I helped you.