rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

Not sure if my table is antique

Customer Question

Not sure if my table is antique
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 2 months ago.

This is a circa 1930-40 Duncan Phyfe style dining set.

The table has a value of $300 to $400 and each chair would be valued

at $40 each for dining chairs and $60 for arm chairs if the upholstery is in good condition.

This style was made by most companies in the US during this period, so unless

there is a maker's label under a chair or under the table, it would be impossible to know exactly who made this set.

Some sites that I recommend are Varagesale.com, Chairish.com, Ioffer.com, Furnishly.com, Deconet.com, Lushpad, Krrb.com, and letgo.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top of your screen and hit the submit button, thanks!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't think the chairs originally went with this set they say Dixie dinette the only markings on the table are on the metal sliders underneath

The chairs would still have that same value of $40 to $60.

The extension slider mark would be for the maker of the slider and that name would not be the maker of the table, so

the age and value in my previous message would stay the same as well.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.