rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a 17th century French corner cabinet with pink marble

Customer Question

I have a 17th century French corner cabinet with pink marble top. Where is the best site to look online
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 6 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. There were no pictures that came with your question (the site has been having an issue).
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures (again, if you already have) of the item and any marks, labels or writing.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

If that is too much bother, you can email pictures to***@******.*** and put 'forCustomerin antiques' in the subject line.
Use the same email that you used when creating your account so that they will recognize you.
These do not arrive instantly, so thanks in advance for some patience when sending this way (might be overnight).

Expert:  rarewares replied 4 months ago.

Will you be able to add photos?

Are they similar to any of these photos I have added?

A 1600's French corner cabinet is called an encoignure and during the 1600's

would have had ormolu (gilt brass) mounts and breche d-Alep pink marble tops.

A corner cabinet from this time period that is similar in any way to any of these I have added

would have a value of $10,000 to $12,000 each (usually made in pairs).

Some sites that I recommend are Varagesale.com, Chairish.com, Ioffer.com, Furnishly.com, Deconet.com, Lushpad, Krrb.com, and letgo.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top of your screen and hit the submit button, thanks!

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.