Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a spoon warmer made by the Atkin Brothers, Sheffield,

Customer Question

I have a spoon warmer made by the Atkin Brothers, Sheffield, England in the 1800's, and would like to have an appraisal of it.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I am a retired school teacher.
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: This was a n item that was owned by my great-grandmother. it is silver plate and in very good condition. The antique silver dealer in England I Franks confirmed that this is a Atkin Brothers piece but didn't give me a value. I have photos of the piece and mint marks I can email you.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. There were no pictures that came with your question (the site has been having an issue).
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures (again, if you already have) of the item and any marks, labels or writing.

Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

If that is too much bother, you can email pictures to***@******.*** and put 'for rarewares in antiques' in the subject line.
Use the same email that you used when creating your account so that they will recognize you.
These do not arrive instantly, so thanks in advance for some patience when sending this way (might be overnight).

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have added files of the spoon warmer and several of the mint mark.
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

There is only one photo of the top, DSCN4114.JPG. The +files feature works

best if you add one picture, hit send, then do the next.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I did send the pictures and I don't know why you didn't get them. I will send them again. I think the way this web site is set up is really confusing. I won't use it again. I sent five pictures to you when I first signed up.kathy newell
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

The link above should help.

The site had been having issues with the original photos not riding along with the question, but the customer is able to add them after the expert takes the question. The add files feature should work fine now.