rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

Do you have an appraiser to look at a blue mirror,

Customer Question

Do you have an appraiser to look at a blue mirror, approximately 90 years plus. The mirror is 6 ft from top of arch to bottom, the wide area is 44 inches. It is beveled on all sides, etched from the rear, two horizontal etched and two vertical. These are approximately two inches apart are on the left side. We were told that gold was used, instead of silver to obtain the blue color. We live I. The Jackson, Mississippi are.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. There were no pictures that came with your question (the site has been having an issue).
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures (again, if you already have) of the item and any marks, labels or writing.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

The photos are on my cell phone. Is there a way I could text the photos or possibly e mail.

***@******.***
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

You can email pictures to***@******.*** and put 'forCustomerin antiques' in the subject line.
Use the same email that you used when creating your account so that they will recognize you.
These do not arrive instantly, so thanks in advance for some patience when sending this way (might be overnight).

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

I have e mailed 3 photos of mirror.

Thank you

***@******.***
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

Great! I will review them in the morning and get back to you with an answer then.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

DID you get all three

***@******.***
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

I don't know yet, they will not be in my email until tomorrow. Administrators have to forward them to me, so that takes a while.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

I resent, had wrong e mail first. I checked and sent copy of myself to,make sure it went through.

I was,not trying to rush you, just wanted,make,sure,it went.

Thank you

Larryclemmer

Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

This is an art deco style mirror made in the 1930-40 time period

based on the shape and incised decoration. This style was also popular/revived in 1980,

but you said the mirror has been in your family longer than that.

It is not true that gold is used to make the mirror blue. A mirror can be tinted blue from

age or created with this tint by using a different backing method (but has nothing to do with gold).

This mirror has a current value of $300 to $400.00.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Varagesale.com, Ioffer.com, OfferUp.com, Ebay and letgo.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the green submit button, thanks!

Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

I would appreciate a second opinion. How do I do this.

Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

You would click the stars and then resubmit as a new question with [second opinion] in the beginning.