Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Have a question about an antigue german bisque doll. It is

Customer Question

have a question about an antigue german bisque doll. It is 23 inches tall, mit was given to my aunt in 1916. it is jointer in arms/legs and body is intact. has brown hair, brown eyes and has the #8 on the back of the head, Any ideas who the maker may have been and value?
JA: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: that's all I know about the doll and I have not actually seen it but she wants me to buy it.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 5 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the doll and the marks that you have described.
Also look on the back of her neck or shoulder for any more marks.