Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner Nashville Appraisals Corporation
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of Nashville Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

I have an hand made Enrico Liberti (1894-1979) buffet. His

Customer Question

I have an hand made Enrico Liberti (1894-1979) buffet. His name is ***** ***** the side of a drawer. He made furniture for the Maryland State House and for the White House. He was trained in Europe and immigrated to US in 1912. What is the price range for something like this?
Submitted: 5 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 5 days ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Please send me at least one photo of the buffet.

To send photos you may use the "reply to expert" or "add files" in the blue box link on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I am attaching pictures
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 4 days ago.

I had to be away from my computer this morning. I deeply appreciate your patience.

Thank you for the photos.

In the 20thC, Enrico Liberti was known for his colonial revival furniture custom made for the White House and other well-known clients.

Yours is a mid-century piece that would have an estimated retail value of $4500-5500 assuming good condition and depending on sale geographic location.

If you wish to sell close to retail, I recommend advertising on the internet.

These sites are excellent and upscale but fees can be high. I only recommend them if you have several items to sell.

A method that could be very effective would be to place a classified in the "Maine Antique Digest" It has a large readership of collectors all across the country.

I highly recommend this method. They only charge $25 for 25 words in a classified ad. This publication is a monthly newspaper as well as on their internet website.

Be sure to specify local pick up only for large items. That way the buyer would be responsible for obtaining his own insurance and transport.

In general, a private seller to a dealer, via consignment or at auction can expect 30-50% of estimated retail value.

Insurance replacement values are usually about 10% more than retail values.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING NOW SO THAT I AM CREDITED BY JA for my knowledge, time and effort.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.

Kind regards.

If you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you put "For Doris Only" as the first of three words of the question, most professionals on the site will respect that request.