Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

Wondering about this piece that's been on my grandparents

Wondering about this piece that's been on my grandparents desk my entire life plus some years

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. There were no pictures that came with your question (the site has been having an issue).
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures (again, if you already have) of the item and any marks, labels or writing.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
This has always peaked my curiosity. I also have some very antique BEAUTIFUL hand fans I need info on

I am unable to find a match for this item. I will opt-out and allow another expert to answer.
They will see our conversation and your photos. I am not able to respond once I opt-out. Good luck!

Hi my name is***** you for coming to Just Answer.
.
I will be glad to help you today.
.

I have been in the antique business for over 45 years, Appraising, Antique shop owner, also buying and selling on today's current market. it is my pleasure to put my experience to work for you.
.

Have you done the hot pin test on this piece? It appears to be hand carved Ivory from the early part of the 20thC, around 1900-1905.

Glenda

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I haven't done any test as I wouldn't know what to do
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Also I need some info on some very antique hand fans after this.

Since you asked a new question about the little ship we will use that one for the ship.

If you like we can use this one for the fans. Can you send pictures of the fans. I then can value them for you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Awesome! Thank you sending them.now

Ok, just upload here

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Picture 1 and 2 are together and 3 and 4 are together

These are beautiful, are they silk material. The handles are hand carved ivory. Do both have the boxes?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The white one I sent the pic of the box, the colored one I do not see a box but very well could have it somewhere.

Hello

Thank you.

.
This is your answer, please rate this after reading it. This is important to me getting credit for my work.
.
.
The Vintage Silk Hand Fan with the Box, has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $150.00-200.00, the Vintage Silk Hand Fan without the Box, -$125.00-130.00 depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally.
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great!
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
.

Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this I would greatly appreciate it.
.
Clicking the top star on the top left of the page does this
.
Thank you for taking time to rate this.
.
If you find you have a problem being able to rate me, please let me know.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok. Can I request you again now for the last couple fans as well?

Hello

Yes, you can, Just send a new question send it like this " Glenda I need help with fans " I will see it and pick it up.

If you do not mind rating this one, I would appreciate it, this is the only way we get credit then compensated by the site. Click one of the stars at the top left or click rate expert.

Thanks

Hello

Thanks

Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience: 40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.