Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I contacted you yesterday regarding an appraisal on my Art

Customer Question

I contacted you yesterday regarding an appraisal on my Art Nouveau 1920's Pre World War 1 Parlor Lamp. I am sorry I did not respond but I got tied up with medical issues. I would like to get the appraisal now please.
Thank you.
Lori
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is***** you for coming to Just Answer.
.
I will be glad to help you today.
.

I have been in the antique business for over 45 years, Appraising, Antique shop owner, also buying and selling on today's current market. it is my pleasure to put my experience to work for you.
.

Is this Metal over Glass, what size is it and is it marked with a makers name?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
2 ft long 2 ft 4 in round. It is metal
With glass surround on the inside
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello

Is there a makers name on this?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Glenda,
Where should I look for the makers name? Where would it be located?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I would prefer that you email me. I am still extremely busy dealing with a medical issue.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello

I assume you must have gotten a notice for a phone call. This did not come from me, it comes for the just answer site. Appraisers are independent, we come to the site to answer questions that customers ask. So we make no offers.

.

This is your answer, please rate this after reading it. This is important to me getting credit for my work.
.

.
The Art Nouveau 1920's Pre World War 1 Parlor Lamp , most likely produced in France imported to the United States. The Unique one of a kind Lamp, has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $375.00-500.00 depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally.
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great!
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
.

Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this I would greatly appreciate it.
.
Clicking the top star on the top left of the page does this
.
Thank you for taking time to rate this.
.
If you find you have a problem being able to rate me, please let me know.