Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have never been to your site and am looking to see what

Customer Question

I have never been to your site and am looking to see what you can handle. Need to clean-up parents estate and find out history and suggested route to sell their collections.
JA: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: An example of an item I would like to sell. Victor platform scale, with a solid wood pilar and pilar cap, one side painted in a faded blue. A cast iron frame and wheels, the center of the 15" x 21" scale is wood. It has a polished brass beam and arrow tip. On a portion of the beam, there are two numbers 056905 and 88. The name Victor appears on the underside of the scale.
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: I am not sure what else you need, it kind of looks like a Franklin model. I have owned it over 25 years, all original condition, the bar weight slides and I have several weights that can be hung from the scale.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 3 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. There were no pictures that came with your question (the site has been having an issue).
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures (again, if you already have) of the item and any marks, labels or writing.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I will get pictures and forward them to you within 24 hours. Thank you

Once you do, give me some time to research.

No need to sit by the computer, you will get an email when I respond.

(NOTE: I do not participate in the phone service.)

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for responding, I am looking now to see if there are additional weights that I might have packed away twenty years ago. Working on sending you pictures to help you with research, I hope to have them to you by 10/20. I also noticed that there is faded yellow paint around the base and the beam goes not go to a point, but has a small loop on the end. I will get back to you, thank you. Linda

Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
hello, I did not have a memory card in my camera, so I had to purchase one, I will be sending pictures tomorrow. Sorry for the delay. Thank you. Lindas

Thank you for letting me know.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
have you received my photos on the scale I am asking about?
Expert:  rarewares replied 2 months ago.

No, I never received photos.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

If that is too much bother, you can email pictures to***@******.*** and put 'forCustomerin antiques' in the subject line.
Use the same email that you used when creating your account so that they will recognize you.
These do not arrive instantly, so thanks in advance for some patience when sending this way (might be overnight).