LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

Old jade mythical beast and yellow chinese jade expert says

old jade mythical beast green and yellow chinese jade expert says might be from han dynasty or early may be sprjng and autumn period nearly 7 inches long and almost 4inches high its body is covered in spiral shapes bulging eyes with a lump beteen its eyes fear some looking creature. snarling mouth sharp off white jade teeth.sometime known as a goldeater over 2 kilos in weight chinise expert says never seen so much beautiful object

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. There were no pictures that came with your question (the site has been having an issue).
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures (again, if you already have) of the item and any marks, labels or writing.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i will be in contact later with photos later thanks
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
can you tell me anything about the carving

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

I do not participate in the phone service.

I do hope you can add photos. Once you do, give me some time to research.

No need to sit by the computer, you will get an email when I respond.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Please find attached Jade Animal

I am unable to find a match for this item. I will opt-out and allow another expert to answer.
They will see our conversation and your photos. I am not able to respond once I opt-out. Good luck!

Hello, my name is***** am a certified appraiser and I authenticate ancient jade. I do see the photos you have uploaded here and I appreciate these. Can you please post a few photos of the piece......... I would like to see the underside of this piece and then a view of the top/front of his head where his eyes are. This will help me in determining the age and the creature that he is. I can tell he is ancient by the break down of the jade in the crystallizing that has taken place and the chicken boning that has begun within the jade. This item has been cleaned at one time and waxed which is common in ancient jades being sold through stores and auction houses. I prefer not to clean ancient jades as it keeps the aging authentic however either way does not hinder the value. You have a wonderful piece and I look forward to helping you on this item.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
will send photos to you as soon as i can ,my daughter is coming over to sort out the beast i think he is camera shy. thank you so much for helping to me to find out who my lucky beast is
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello, as discussed, please find more pictures for your viewing. Please advise if any further information is required.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Dear lady tanya i hope you got the extra photos i sent you good luck Anthony
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
get started
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
call me
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i will take appraisal psckage please anthony
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am still willing to pay your fee is it be ond your experts.to compleat their job you can do IT YOURS. ANTHONY

Thank you for the photos I have been in the hospital. I am now home recovering and will get this completed apologize for the delay.

http://www.ancient.eu/Han_Dynasty/

the link above will tell you about the Han Dynasty. This jade lion is an ancient jade piece that stood guard inside a tomb to protect and guard the dead from evil spirits. The jade is Han Dynasty and the coloring of the jade was originally green. Over the thousands of years being in a tomb and water seeping over the jade the piece took in the minerals from the dirt within the tomb and changed the coloring to the jade you see today, which looks to be iron from the yellow and browning in the piece. The white spots within the jade are the first stages of of a phase called "chicken bone" This is a process that happens to jade over thousands of years and eventually the chicken boning turns the piece to dust. This will never happen in our lifetimes however it does eventually happen. This "beast" is a lion that protected the dead from evil entering his tomb and cause harm. These are rare to find in today's culture and hard to sell unless you find a collector of fine jade items. The carving shows his teeth and paws delicate facial carving and overall beauty to the item. The value for insurance purposes on the lion is 25,000.00 and if you were to sell him today the selling price would be 12,000.00-15,000.00 , He will only rise in value over time as ancient jades are one of the few items that does hold and raise in value over time. Rarely does a jade drop in value when you have the ancient pieces.

If I have answered all your questions and helped you please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer it is just how I am paid from the site. Thank you :

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars:

1 or 2 stars are that I have not helped you in answering 3-4 I have helped you yet not completely and 5 stars are I have answered you and been fully helpful. If you still have questions please allow me to help you fully before rating with the stars. I enjoy helping customers and do my best to fully answer all questions.

LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience: 25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher