Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

Old jade mythical beast and yellow chinese jade expert says

Customer Question

old jade mythical beast green and yellow chinese jade expert says might be from han dynasty or early may be sprjng and autumn period nearly 7 inches long and almost 4inches high its body is covered in spiral shapes bulging eyes with a lump beteen its eyes fear some looking creature. snarling mouth sharp off white jade teeth.sometime known as a goldeater over 2 kilos in weight chinise expert says never seen so much beautiful object
Submitted: 3 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 3 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. There were no pictures that came with your question (the site has been having an issue).
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures (again, if you already have) of the item and any marks, labels or writing.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
i will be in contact later with photos later thanks
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
can you tell me anything about the carving
Expert:  rarewares replied 3 days ago.

I do not participate in the phone service.

I do hope you can add photos. Once you do, give me some time to research.

No need to sit by the computer, you will get an email when I respond.

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Please find attached Jade Animal
Expert:  rarewares replied 2 day ago.

I am unable to find a match for this item. I will opt-out and allow another expert to answer.
They will see our conversation and your photos. I am not able to respond once I opt-out. Good luck!

Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 1 day ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a certified appraiser and I authenticate ancient jade. I do see the photos you have uploaded here and I appreciate these. Can you please post a few photos of the piece......... I would like to see the underside of this piece and then a view of the top/front of his head where his eyes are. This will help me in determining the age and the creature that he is. I can tell he is ancient by the break down of the jade in the crystallizing that has taken place and the chicken boning that has begun within the jade. This item has been cleaned at one time and waxed which is common in ancient jades being sold through stores and auction houses. I prefer not to clean ancient jades as it keeps the aging authentic however either way does not hinder the value. You have a wonderful piece and I look forward to helping you on this item.

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
will send photos to you as soon as i can ,my daughter is coming over to sort out the beast i think he is camera shy. thank you so much for helping to me to find out who my lucky beast is
Customer: replied 21 hours ago.
Hello, as discussed, please find more pictures for your viewing. Please advise if any further information is required.