Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a vase that was given to my mother about 50 years

Customer Question

I have a vase that was given to my mother about 50 years ago. It looks oriental, but I see no markings.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: It is a pottery of some type with raised painting. I have pictures of it but don't know how to show them to you. They are on my cell phone. Do you have a Facebook page?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: A professor at Hiram College in Hiram, Ohio, gave it to my mother. She used to clean his apartment and do his laundry.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Robert S. replied 1 month ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help with your vase.

Could you very kindly attach a photo of it and one of the entire bottom (even though it's not marked).

Also, how tall is it?

Many thanks,
Robert.

PS. Once you have the photos in your computer -if they are on your cell phone, just email them to yourself- it's then a simple matter to attach them. Just click on the paperclip icon, located above the text box where you are typing to me. If there's no paperclip, click on the "Add files" tab.

You need to be logged in to the JustAnswer site to do this. You can’t do it from email.

If you get stuck go here for help.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

Alternatively, if you can collar a passing teenager with an iPhone they would have photos posted here in about two minutes.

Thanks R.