Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I have an oil paining that is about 100 years old. It is an

Customer Question

I have an oil paining that is about 100 years old. It is an oil on what looks like a fine waffle board. It is in the original frame, The are markings on the back that say Christie and a few numbers. I have never removed it from the frame and I do not see a signature.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable.
Customer: That is my intent but I do not know any appraiser in my area. I contacted one but she has not returned my calls. I sent her a picture of the front and back of the painting.
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: It has never been cleaned and the is one small area that was damaged but I am sure it would repair easily.
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 7 days ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the painting,
signature and any labels on the back of the completed framing.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.

1) The +files feature works best if you add one pic, hit send, then do the next.

2) If that is too much bother, you can email pictures to***@******.*** and put 'forCustomerin antiques' in the subject line.
Use the same email that you used when creating your account so that they will recognize you.
These do not arrive instantly, so thanks in advance for some patience when sending this way (might be overnight).