Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I have a complete in excellent condition China tea set made

Customer Question

I have a complete in excellent condition China tea set made by Bavaria western Germany I'm not sure if I spelled the first name correctly is it worth anything
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 8 days ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Please send me a photo of the marks on the bottom. I also need one of the pattern.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.

If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.

To send photos you may use the "reply to expert" or "add files" in the blue box link on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

"Sets" come in many different sizes.

Please tell me the following -

How many people does your set serve?

How many pieces does each person have?

What serving pieces are there? These can add as much as 30% to the value of a set.
Kind regards,

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
6 cups six saucers 1 sugar cup with lid 1creamer cup 1 tea pot with lid and 6 gold spoons
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I'm just wanting to know if what I have is at all valuable I know it's old early 1900s
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I guess I will try something else seems like all you guys want is money and I don't have any sort of answer to my questions

I am sorry you have had to wait.

Please know I have nothing to do with site charges. We professionals are not employees of Just Answer. We are verified by the site to answer questions in our fields.

I really need a photo of your pattern to give you the best answer. There are thousands of Bavarian patterns and hundreds of porcelain factories - all with varying prices.

Kind regards,

Can you send one?