Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

My wife and I purchased bedside nightstands twenty-five

Customer Question

My wife and I purchased bedside nightstands twenty-five years ago from an collector of "old furniture stuff. We've replaced them now with ones that have more space on top = pull-out drawers. We were going to donate them to a local charity's thrift shop, but cleaned them up first. We now wonder, looking at them again, if they might be worth selling. They are very well built. The wood from which they are made is beautiful and some of the ornamentation appears to be hand carved. We have no provenance regarding them and we are curious to know what, if any, style of furniture this is.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: You now know what we know.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Please send me at least one photo of the front and one of the back of the nightstands.

To send photos you may use the "reply to expert" or "add files" in the blue box link on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

If you have already sent photos, please resend. They did not come through at this end.

Kind regards,
Doris

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The explanation of how to send photos is incomprehensible.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Please cancel this request and do not debit my AMEX card. I will "dispute" if you do.

Site Charges:

We professionals are not considered employees of Just Answer, We are verified by the site to answer questions in our fields. We are considered site users just like you. Therefore we have no knowledge of or control over the finances of the site or what they charge customers.
If you wish to discuss site charges, you may contact customer support at

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Or by phone:

US/Canada 1.***-***-****
Available 6am to 9pm PST

Kind regards,

Doris

International
Australia 1800-679-634
New Zealand 0800-452-621
United Kingdom 0***-***-****
The rest of the world 1-***-***-****