Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I'd like to know more about a painting I have by TL Lewis?

Customer Question

JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: It's an older painting in his early years I think in Texas. It depicts a small bridge over a river. Its size is about 8-20 inches.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: It's original and signed T L Lewis in the lower left hand corner. It is a country scene and has a cart type path on the left side through some trees leading down to the bridge that crosses over to the right side.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the painting,
signature and any labels on the back of the completed framing.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Here are two
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

I do not participate in the phone service.

Let me know what is on the back, these were both front pictures. Once you do, give me some time to research.

No need to sit by the computer, you will get an email when I respond.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
There is something written in pencil on the back but it is illegible to me. Part of it looks like a place with the word "county". I will try and get some help deciphering.
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

Sure, do take your time.