rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.

I am trying to find some history on a few Wedgwood serving

Customer Question

I am trying to find some history on a few Wedgwood serving pieces we inherited from a great grandmother
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: this is what i know. the pattern might be Ceres
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: it is cream colored, with a simple leaf border. there is an impressed wedgwood on the back
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 7 days ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the pattern and the mark on the bottom.

Also let me know how many pieces are in your set.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
There are three pieces. A tureen and two platters. Wedgwood is imprinted, along with two letters and symbols. There is also an "a5511" painted on the back with a little symbol.
Expert:  rarewares replied 7 days ago.

This is a cream ware soup tureen and two cream ware platters made

by Wedgwood for ***** ***** and Sons at Whitefriars Glass Works

in pattern A5511(no pattern name) in 1905-1910 based on this mark. The designs in cream ware

were intended to look like the earlier late 1700's designs. This tureen has a value of

$125.00 and each platter, a value of $35 to $50 each.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are,,, Ebay and
You can also go to or and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the green submit button, thanks!

Expert:  rarewares replied 6 days ago.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.