Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner Nashville Appraisals Corporation
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of Nashville Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Who was harner munchen/1883?

Customer Question

who was harner munchen/1883?
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 7 days ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Are there any first initials to Harner?

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 7 days ago.

Could the name be one of these:

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
it could be harnier or harmer.

The only artist that fits both the spelling and the dating of 1883 is Alois Harner, also known as Aloys Harner, a last half of the 19thC Austrian.

Your oil painting, as described with no picture, would have an estimated retail value of $500-900 as a decorative piece. This value assumes good condition and depends on sale geographic location.

As for where to sell close to retail, I suggest these sites where you have the widest pool of buyers -

Accept PayPal only. - small fees - 20 cents to list plus 3.5% final price.

In general, a private seller to a dealer, via consignment or at auction can expect 30-50% of estimated retail value.

Insurance replacement values are usually about 10% more than retail values.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING NOW SO THAT I AM CREDITED BY JA for my knowledge, time and effort.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.

Kind regards.

If you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you put "For Doris Only" as the first of three words of the question, most professionals on the site will respect that request.

I forgot to mention that Munich (Munchen) is near the Austrian border. It therefore would have been a large city that the Austrian artist community would have frequented.

Positive, please.

Kind regards,