Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I have a German bisque baby doll found years ago in my

Customer Question

I have a German bisque baby doll found years ago in my mother-in-laws things. Since I was not interested in this particular doll, it has been wrapped up carefully and put away. Recntly I read about German Bisque dolls and unwrapped the doll. She is about 10" tall, is bald, a baby, and has no markings that I can find. Apparetly she was given to my mother-in-law when she was a child by a friend of the family. I don't know what she is made of, her arms kind of hang from her shoulders Her hands and feet are intact and she has a sweet face. My mother-in-law was born in 1896, so the doll is at least 100 years old. She has several dresses that definitely fit her. Her body seems to be wrapped in a heavy woven fabric. . Her head is wobbly and does not seem to be attached and can turn around easily.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: Is there anything you can tell me about this doll?
Submitted: 3 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Valarie Moyer replied 3 days ago.

Hello, are you able to provide a picture of this doll for my review?