Robert S.
Robert S., Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Expert in decorative arts especially ceramics, silver, paintings, and furniture.
63759197

S. Only. Can't say things are any better but trying to keep

For Robert S. Only. Can't say things are any better but trying to keep a positive attitude and keep going not giving into the pain which is a old friend of mine. This will probably be a easy one for you. I know they have value because mother always kept in her curio cabinet. For some reason I believe the artist sounds like a old musical composer but it doesn't come to me. I do not know where to look for a signature or marking. Also what is the material the birds sit on? Bone? Coral? The parrot is appx 9" 1/2 H and the toucan appx 8" H. Hope things are well with the "Professor". Your student in learning Merry

Good morning Merry,

Sorry to hear the pain is persisting. Medical marijuana is a wonderful help, have you ever considered it? It was prescribed to the British Royal family for centuries as an effective painkiller and is less addictive than caffeine.

Meanwhile, I'd be happy to help with your birds, could you very kindly attach the photos at your convenience. I'm sorry if you've already done so, they didn't come through this end. The site has a glitch with the picture-attaching process at the moment. No idea what's causing it. So apologies on their behalf for the inconvenience.

Many thanks,
Robert.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have tried the suggestion you made years ago but I think it maybe time to give it another try�� let me know if the photo did or did not come through .

Photo came through perfectly, thanks. What an interesting and decorative pair!

I'll have an answer for you as soon as I can.

Best wishes,

Robert

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hope that I haven't heard from you is that you are on R&R and not a family emergency. Lots of test scheduled but we are with the Drs ok & have decided to get out of town for a few weeks to the only beach front cottage on St John's. We have family and grandchildren there also. Going now because I don't know what's in store for me when I get home (surgery?). My daughters gave me a unbelievable 60th bday and my husband bought me my 1st Highway painting by Mr. Black. I'll forward a photo soon. Just touching base I hope those crystal birds aren't giving you that much difficulty! Feel free to continue to communicate. With my health/arm I'll only be able to lay on the beach, drink and read so have plenty of time to chat. Fishing, diving,snorkeling are out��. Fondly Merry

Hello Merry,

Apologies for the delay on this one, my fault entirely, no family emergency, I've just been completely slammed with work, which is a good thing for me but not for you waiting, I'm so sorry. Anyway, I'm back now and can give your birds my full and prompt attention.

So glad to hear your sixtieth was a success, and that you're about to be lounging on the beach. There's nothing more healing than ocean ozone and the odd piña colada, and sending all your friends postcards saying, "The weather is here, wish you were lovely!"

Art Glass Toucan & Parrot.

Your glass birds were made by Swarovski Crystal, one of the preeminent makers of art crystal glass in the world, based in Wattens, Austria.

These figures are two of their so-called Crystal Paradise Collection, namely the Dark Green Macaw.#685824 and the Toucan Black Diamond,#0850600 (The other two in the series of four are the Green Rosella Jonquil and the Paradise Cockatoo).

They were designed by Roland Schuster for Swarovski, introduced in 2005 & 2006 (respectively) and retired in 2011 & 2009 (respectively) and they retailed for $2,775 each.

Their resale value on the secondary market (auctions and on line sales) today, is a little less than that of course, but still a good chunk of folding stuff.

If you were to offer these for sale at a good local auction or on line (eBay etc) they would fetch $600 - $850 apiece.

They therefore have a full replacement/insurance value of $1750 each.

Hope this is a nice surprise!

Best wishes,
Robert.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you and I feel so bad that I certainly could have waited. Mother' WEMPE 18k 46 yr old necklace: got ahold of the main office in Germany. They were wonderful compared to there New York City location. I forwarded photos as you taught me and it took awhile but they sent back a complete appraisal ( no cost) of her necklace with the artist, style, etc. value $8K firm; no less! Since my daughters don't wear gold and do not wish the necklace I will sell it later after I get my health issues straightened out. Maybe another bucket trip in the spring. Any suggestions? Thanks my friend be in touch�� Merry

That's great news on the Wempe necklace, it sounds beautiful. I'm so glad you got such a positive response from their main office in Germany. Good for you!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
As always you exceed my expectations with your detailed answers!!!

You are so welcome! Thanks so much.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No rush! Is there a signature on these birds and wear would I look if there was? Merry

I believe they should each have a tiny Swarovski swan mark on the tail. On the toucan it's at the top of the tail on the left edge.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
On plane but let you know when I get back from St. John's

OKay! Safe journey!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Adding photo
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
www.gibneybeachcottage. Put it on your bucket list!