Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

S. Only. Can't say things are any better but trying to keep

Customer Question

For Robert S. Only. Can't say things are any better but trying to keep a positive attitude and keep going not giving into the pain which is a old friend of mine. This will probably be a easy one for you. I know they have value because mother always kept in her curio cabinet. For some reason I believe the artist sounds like a old musical composer but it doesn't come to me. I do not know where to look for a signature or marking. Also what is the material the birds sit on? Bone? Coral? The parrot is appx 9" 1/2 H and the toucan appx 8" H. Hope things are well with the "Professor". Your student in learning Merry
Submitted: 5 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Robert S. replied 5 days ago.

Good morning Merry,

Sorry to hear the pain is persisting. Medical marijuana is a wonderful help, have you ever considered it? It was prescribed to the British Royal family for centuries as an effective painkiller and is less addictive than caffeine.

Meanwhile, I'd be happy to help with your birds, could you very kindly attach the photos at your convenience. I'm sorry if you've already done so, they didn't come through this end. The site has a glitch with the picture-attaching process at the moment. No idea what's causing it. So apologies on their behalf for the inconvenience.

Many thanks,

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I have tried the suggestion you made years ago but I think it maybe time to give it another try�� let me know if the photo did or did not come through .
Expert:  Robert S. replied 5 days ago.

Photo came through perfectly, thanks. What an interesting and decorative pair!

I'll have an answer for you as soon as I can.

Best wishes,