Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I have a full tea set that has the engraving of 1402 and the

Customer Question

I have a full tea set that has the engraving of 1402 and the number go down the line which includes the large tray. It must be from the 40's. Are you familiar with this silver set? And its estimated value/
JA: No. I'm the Antiques Appraiser's Assistant. I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: There is also an engraved set of letters EPNS and it the center is and they all have the number 1404 around the rim. there are 2 tea pots, sugar pot, cream pot and large decretive tray.
Submitted: 4 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 4 days ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Please send me a photo of the marks on the bottom. I also need a photo of the set.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.

If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.

To send photos you may use the "reply to expert" or "add files" in the blue box link on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
OK, I have to get a photo cable to connect the pictures in order to send you this information. I do not use the macro function is the flower icon on every cell phone??DAH
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 3 days ago.

I do not know what type of phone you have. Try the zoom function on your phone to zoom in on the marks.

I look forward to seeing your photos.

Kind regards,