Wayne, Auctioneer
Experience:  40 yrs. experience in antiques, jewelry, coins and paintings - ASA 1985

I just got a Lagonda Upright Piano. The Serial number is

Customer Question

I just got a Lagonda Upright Piano. The Serial number is ***** I want to know when it was made and approximate value of it. It has an art nouveau engraving.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: That is about all I know about this piano.
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I know of. I am going to have it tuned in the next month.
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Wayne replied 10 days ago.

My name is***** have been dealing in and appraising Musical for over 40 years, and I can help you with this. According to the serial number your piano was made circa 1918. Assuming this is in good playable and cosmetic condition, your piano would sell for $600-800 on the secondhand market and insurance replacement value is $1500.

Thank you,

Please click on the Stars*****When you read this answer

Expert:  Wayne replied 6 days ago.

Is there anything else I can tell you about this? It is important that you click on the stars *****. This is the way justanswer compensates me for my time and efforts without additional cost to you. It has been a pleasure working with you.
Thanks again,