Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I have two table lamps, purchased about 25 years ago. I

Customer Question

I have two table lamps, purchased about 25 years ago. I don't know the style name or code number. I was originally looking for the value so I can determine my next move. The finish is what I call 'crazed.' Fine little lines in the finish so that the smoothness is no longer. Is there something I can do to make them feel smooth again. Thanks for any advice you might have to offer.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable.
Customer: I have the original shades but I don't like them. They are the linen look with 1/2" sharp edges. Would having the originals make any difference in the value?
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I see. Except for the crazing, they look llke they did when we bought them :).
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 9 days ago.

Hello, my name is Glenda
Do you have pictures you can send?

If your message box has a blue box that says "attach file" or a paper clip icon you can use that to upload photos. If not then Click the link: for instructions on uploading images

Or you can send them like this: In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me.
Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".
In the body of the message put , your user name and name.
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are. If you send from a phone the email address on the phone you use has to match the email address you used to register on the justanswer site with.
Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me.