Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

We have a WK Sessions grandfather clock, cherry and burl,

Customer Question

We have a WK Sessions grandfather clock, cherry and burl, that we bought in 1990 for about $3K. It says it was made in Germany. How much is it worth?
JA: It's only $5.
Customer: $5 for a grandfather clock?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: We bought it at a local store for $3000. It is in perfect shape, made of cherry wood with a layer of burl wood on the top and bottom. Face has Roman Numerals. It says it was made in Germany. WK Sessions is the brand.
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: I'm not sure if it is an antique. We bought it in 1990.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Jon replied 7 months ago.

My name is Jon. I will be helping you with your Grandfather Clock question. The Sessions Clock Company had been making clocks under the Sessions name starting in 1903. Do you have any photos of your clock? I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you,

Jon

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Can you see this photo?
Expert:  Jon replied 7 months ago.

Yes, I can see the photo. Thank you. Please give me a little time to do a little research on your clock.

Expert:  Jon replied 7 months ago.

I an not able to find much info on this one. I will opt out and let someone else take a look at it.

Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.

How is this clock wound?