Wayne, Auctioneer
Experience:  40 yrs. experience in antiques, jewelry, coins and paintings - ASA 1985
67223111

I have a painting on tile. Artist is Haynes. I also have a

I have a painting on tile. Artist is Alice Haynes. I also have a picture of the artist, probably from the 1880's. The picture is of a girl holding a tamboureen with a harp in the background. I have no idea what it might be worth. Thank you, Bev.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I would like more information about the artist---is there somewhere I can see more of her paintings?

My name is***** have been dealing in and appraising Antiques for over 40 years, and I can help you with this.
Can you post a photo of this?
1.
Click the paperclip icon
2.
Click the Browse icon
3.
Click the Browse button
4.
Select your file and click Open
5.
Click OK
6.
Click Insert
7.
Click Save Changes on this page

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm sorry, I have no way to get a picture until tomorrow. Can I get back to you then?

No problem.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi, Sorry it took me so long to get the pictures to you. The photo has some writing that documents the painting. Hope you can find something interesting about this painting. Thanks, Bev.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
You can also contact me at(###) ###-####

Can you tell me if anything is on the back of the plaque?

Thanks,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Wayne, I didn't want to tear the paper off but guess I will---- The painting is signed "Mrs.W E Haynes on the back and dated 1918 and numbered 0382. There is a thin wood backing that was probably put there when it was framed to take up space. I'll get you a picture of the back. Thanks, Bev.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
As you will see, the writing is very faint and hard to read.
Sorry for taking so long to get back to you.
Thank you, Bev

Good photos. Is there anything stamped in the porcelain, like KPM?

Thanks,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Wayne, The only thing I found is at the bottom edge of the tile---not on the face of the painting. It is written---A. Haynes 9.22 Thanks, Bev.

There is good and bad news. The bad news is this was probably not painted by Haynes. The good news is that this is KPM. This is called a Berlin, or Dresden plaque. There were several of these made circa 1900. They are selling for $1500-2500 at auction.

Here is a link to one that sold for $3500 at auction

http://www.skinnerinc.com/auctions/2162/lots/294

Thanks,

Please click on the Stars*****When you read this answer

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Wayne, Thank you so much for your information. We have fallen in love with this painting so it will probably hang in our home for awhile. Bev.

Is there anything else I can tell you about this? It is important that you click on the stars *****. This is the way justanswer compensates me for my time and efforts without additional cost to you. It has been a pleasure working with you.
Thanks again,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Wayne, I didn't notice the stars---sorry. Thanks for reminding me. One other thing. Do you have any idea who painted this and about what year???