rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a Peel Before the bath picture could you tell me what

Customer Question

i have a Paul Peel Before the bath picture could you tell me what it is worth
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: It is in good condition on the front and has name stamped llwith the year of1892 in the top left corner, on the back it has a white piece of paper that has the name of the picture and his name as we
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: Not that I can think of, it is in an old wooden frame and is in good condition
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the painting/print,
signature and any labels on the back of the completed framing.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Attached are some pictures
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No I do not want to pay extra to talk to you, bad enough I had to use my card information to access this site just please let me know if the picture is worth anything or not
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

This is a print of the painting titled Before the Bath by artist Paul Peel (1861-1892)

who was a Canadian artist. I have added a photo of the original so that you can

see how your print has faded over time or exposure to sunlight.

This print was published in the 1980-1990 time period based on the framing

and fading of the print and has a current value of $40 to $60 retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Varagesale.com, Ioffer.com, OfferUp.com, Ebay and letgo.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the green submit button, thanks!