Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I have a Chinese ginger jar approximately 18 to 24" tall.

Customer Question

I have a Chinese ginger jar approximately 18 to 24" tall. Shortly after WWII my father acquired it from
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I have a Chinese ginger jar approximately 18 to 24" tall. Shortly after WWII my father acquired it from a
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: I showed it to the Smithsonian years ago. Bot***** *****ne was that it was Chines Approximate 500 to 600 years old. They are by law not able to give out value. I have pictures I would send. At one time there were two. As a child I broke the mate. This is only one of many Asian pieces I have.
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 10 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. There were no pictures that came with your question.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the item and any marks, labels or writing.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have a Chinese ginger jar. I have it on the best authority (the Smithsonian) that had practically no difficulty in informing me that the porcelain piece I had brought to them was indeed as I had expected; very old. They felt it to be between 500 to 600 years old. The young fellow that worked with us nearly passed out when I informed him that originally there had been a pair of them. But my early baby years I had pulled on a vine that my other had placed in it to root in water. My crib was too close to prevent my intense
interest in it. Just one pull and it shuddered in to a million pieces. Now I need your input but I'm having a great deal of trouble copying my photo and e-mailing it to you. So I will send it onto you as an attachment. I think that will work out better for. I really have to get your appraisal If everything went as it should have before dinner I should have an account setup and I gave my credit card information So every thing should be in order to move on. Thank you. Harry Bartley
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 10 days ago.

Hi Harry

my name is***** you for coming to Just Answer.
I will be glad to help you today.
I have been in the antique business for over 45 years, Appraising, Antique shop owner, also buying and selling on today's current market. it is my pleasure to put my experience to work for you.

There are no images here so the transmittal did not go through.

If your message box has a blue box that says "attach file" or a paper clip icon you can use that to upload photos. If not then Click the link: for instructions on uploading images

Or you can send them like this: In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me.
Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".
In the body of the message put , your user name and name.
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are. If you send from a phone the email address on the phone you use has to match the email address you used to register on the justanswer site with.
Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me.