AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Certified Appraiser, Appraiser's Association of America. USPAP qualified through 2015.

Am wondering if you could help identify and/or appraise this

Am wondering if you could help identify and/or appraise this very interesting cane. Clearly it's one of a kind object, hand-carved and with history.
All the best, Alexander

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.

Can you upload some photos? And tell me about how you got it?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thanks Jennifer. Much appreciated. I'll re-upload the file that I uploaded last evening. It features numerous images of the cane. Please confirm receipt of the photo. I tried to get a number of good angles because the cane is quite remarkable in my opinion.I purchased it in a very densely packed antique shop in Niagara on the Lake, Ontario. It's a huge shop with thousands of items, but this cane jumped out as a truly one-of-a-kind object.I asked about it. The shop-keepers said the cane was brought to them by the daughter of a long-time traveller/collector who had recently passed away. They had no idea otherwise of its origins.Many thanks for your time Jennifer.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Good morning Jennifer. Please find attached a pdf file with images of the cane. Hope the format helps you to access the file.

My apologies--for some reason I was unable to open the PDF on my iPad, and was only back at my desktop today.

This is a Mexican carved and polychromed cane. These are sold as souveniers. It's from the 20th century. It's nicer than the average, but unfortunately these are not terribly valuable--perhaps $50.

I'm sorry for the delay, and that I couldn't give you better news about the value.

Good morning,

I see that this question remains open. How can I help you further?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you Jennifer. Much appreciated for the info.
All the best,