Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

How much does this cost? Are you with antiques roadshow? How

Customer Question

How much does this cost?
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: Are you with antiques roadshow? How do I pay deposit? I have a nautical watercolor? I think ..but I can't read the signature and I would like to know the value
JA: No. I'm the Antiques Appraiser's Assistant. When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page. Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Well it may be charcoal and it's titled "racing with the wind" Several people manning a sail ship with another sail ship nearby in the ocean. The button I clicked did say ask Antiques Roadshow. I'm sorry I must have pressed the wrong area button
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: the signature is in pencil, it's cursive first letter may be a W and appears to have maybe 2 ll's in the signature and the left bottom is numbered 2/400, lots of detail
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the print,
signature and back of frame where there might be labels or writing.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Here are the pictures, I don't think it is an antique, are you able to appraise it if it is not an antique? there is no date on it . It is matted in a professional metal frame, but I took it out of the metal frame to photo without the glare with the glass.

I got the one photo of the art, I would like to see one of the signature and one of where you say it is titled.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I sent 11 photos, see attachments above

Only photo IMG_0626.JPG came through. I know you may have loaded them all at once and when someone does that, only one gets added.
The +files feature works best if you add one pic, hit send, then do the next. These instructions will help-

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
2
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
3
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
4
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
5
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
6
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
7
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
8
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
9
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
10
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
11
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
12

I am unable to find a match for this item. I will opt-out and allow another expert to answer.
They will see our conversation and your photos. I am not able to respond once I opt-out. Good luck!

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 3 months ago.

Hello

Do you think you have reached the Antique Road Show? Are you wanting the Antique Road Show?

Glenda