Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.

I have two original sketching’s by Nat Lowell 1929, Trinity

Customer Question

I have two original sketching’s by Nat Lowell 1929, Trinity Church and Business District of New York. I'm trying to donate them. Also have another artist whose name I cannot decipherer, same period. Also original. If you can give me a contact, I would appreciate it. I am moving to Europe in November and would like to donate so someone can appreciate them and or put up for auction. I'd like to send attachment.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable.
Customer: Can you make any suggestions?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: Well, it would help if I could send photos of the items. Is there an email where I can send them?
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 9 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the art,
signatures and any labels on the back of the completed framing.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Took a lot pf photographs. Can't tell which ones at the best. But here it is.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I was not able to send any more. The file is too large.
Expert:  rarewares replied 9 days ago.

I am unable to find a match for the second artist. I will opt-out and allow another expert to answer.
They will see our conversation and your photos. I am not able to respond once I opt-out. Good luck!

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Want to make sure that I do not get charged a monthly fee, as I am relocating to Europe in November. My membership should terminate at the end of the month.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 9 days ago.

Are you wanting a local appraiser value these for you?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
That would be great. Or if you can direct me to any one where I can donate them that would also be great. Appraisal would be good.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 9 days ago.

Where are you located? I will see what I can find.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Groton, CT
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 9 days ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** see what I can find in your area. Depending on the size of your sketches they are valued at $500.00 and up.

Be back soon.

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 9 days ago.

This is your answer, please rate this after reading it. This is important to me getting credit for my work.

Here is a list of Charities you can contact in your area that might be interested in what you have. You can contact one or all of them to see who best fits your needs. I have personally used Habitat for Humanity many times, I think they are great. They will pick your items up for you. .

Habitat For Humanity of Eastern Connecticut*****·(###) ###-####br />Open until 5:00 PM
Habitat for Humanity ReStore
82 Boston Post Rd ·(###) ###-####br />.

Groton Animal Foundation
PO BOX 7023
Groton, CT 06340
Phone:(###) ###-####br />.

Noank Group Home & Support Service *****br />Groton, CT 06340(###) ###-####br />.

664 Long Hill Rd
Groton, CT 06340 (###) ###-####br />.

Groton Ambulance Association Inc *****br />Groton, CT 06340 (###) ###-####br />.

Malta Inc *****br />Groton, CT 06340 (###) ###-####br />.

Supportive Housing
200 Hazelnut Hill Rd
Groton, CT 06340 (###) ###-####br />.

Salvation Army Thrift Store *****br />New London, CT 06320 (###) ###-####br />.

Work & Learn Inc *****br />New London, CT 06320 (###) ###-####br />.

Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.

If you do not mind rating this I would greatly appreciate it.
Clicking the top star on the top left of the page does this
Thank you for taking time to rate this.
If you find you have a problem being able to rate me, please let me know.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi Glenda,
Thrift stores are not exactly what I had in mind for donation. They have clue as to what the articles are
worth, not the appreciation for them.
They are beautiful pieces and I know Nat Lowell has a couple of his work at the Met and NY Library.
I will actually be in NY in November but can't seem to contact a human person.
The Nat Lowell and "Lan" somebody did their work in their 20's and 30's.
I'd put them up for auction, but don't know where to turn.
Was anyone able to decipher the second artist? They were also purchased in 20's or 30' and
to the best of my knowledge they were pricey as you mentioned $500 or more, probably less in the 30's.
I also have another print R. Benvenuti, but cannot find any details on the web so that's not helpful.
It has a seal and its from 1847. No clue. Your website does not allow me to attach additional pictures.
Thank you.
Constance V. Konyves(###) ###-####
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 9 days ago.

These are not thrift stores. They are Charitable Organizations that take donations such as this and then turn around, sell them to the best places where they will bring the most money for the organization. Each organization works differently, you would need to contact them in order to find out how each one works. Habitat is national, they sell every thing from the highest end art to building supplies. They are by no means a thrift store.

You can find the latest selling values of Nat Lowell on Ebay, his items are sold on there all the time.

No the second artist was not deciphered. I am going to opt out of this since I was not able to give you what you were wanting. I thought you wanted a place to donate this to charities in your area.

If you are just wanting to sell them you can list them on Ebay at Auction, you can also check current values there. Click Advance search then completed to see his work, what it has sold for in the past 30 days.