Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

We have a cherry formal dining room group that is approx 70

Customer Question

We have a cherry wood formal dining room group that is approx 70 years old. Interested in finding appraisal of group and poss sale.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Dining room group was purchased new approx 70 years ago and has been in the family ever since, and is in very good condition. Table is gate leg and can seat six comfortably. Includes six ladder back chairs with caned seats also in great condition. Includes Very large breakfront and side board. Also have 2 queen Victoria chairs with rose wood carvings across top. One chair in original condition, with crimson velvet. Second chair reupholstered in floral tapestry. Third and last item is a cherry wood drop leaf table with claw feet over 150 years old. Table top has been refinished in great condition.
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: not to my knowledge, all above has been in family forever
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 12 days ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. There were no pictures that came with your question.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the item and any marks, labels or writing.