rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

What is the value of my National cash register has 857871

Customer Question

What is the value of my National cash register has 857871 below that says 81 B I think. It was used by my Grandparents in their store must be about 99 years old
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 6 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. There was only the photo of the side that came with your original inquiry.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the piece from the front and one of the serial number tag

or any labels in the drawer. Thanks!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Thank you.

This is a National Cash Register that is dated to 1910, model 313, (and most models in the 300 class) is an example of the Dolphin pattern. The sides of the case and the front lid have a large onion or carriage flourish shapes in the design. The top sign (which is missing on yours) had dolphins on either side of the top sign. This cash register has a current value of $300 to $400 retail.
Some sites that I recommend for selling are Varagesale.com, Ioffer.com, OfferUp.com, Ebay and letgo.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the green submit button, thanks!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Why on eBay I see one similar, same model number priced at $1,500.00 ?

People can ask whatever they want for their items, this is not how one

gets a true value. I have access to a database of recently sold items both online, at auction

and in shops that participate and $300 to $400 is the reasonable retail for the cash register in this

condition and model.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.