rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

Lookin for some info on my table

Lookin for some info on my table

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. There were no pictures that came with your question.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the item and any marks, labels or writing.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Here it is

CHAIRS: Five circa 1880 French cane seat dining chairs detailed with flourishes of leaves, flowers, and berries. Stately barley twists form the chair posts with chair legs also boasting barley twists. Lavish carving typical of the French Hunting style includes spindles and open carving work on the chair backs. Each chair is valued at $300, the one missing the back splat has a value of $175.00.

TABLE: French circa 1870 lyre base dining table, valued at $2000. Not a matched set with the chairs, of course.

Some sites that I recommend are Varagesale.com, Chairish.com, Ioffer.com, Furnishly.com, Deconet.com, Lushpad, Krrb.com, and letgo.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top of your screen and hit the submit button, thanks!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Oh ok. Theres 8 chairs actually just not in the pic but since its not a set it doesnt matter lol. Really, only 2gs? Thats crazy given the value of my pedestal table and it being not nearly as grandiose but shows what i know.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What about something like this with the hidden drawer?

If you have another item, just start a new question and put 'for rarewares only no other appraisers' in the beginning to get me again (getting ready to sign off for the night, so it might be morning until I answer).
I specialize in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, jewelry and just about everything else.
You never know what you might have!

I only contracted to do the table in this question ( I did the chairs for free), so

I need you to click the five stars at the top of the screen and hit submit to finish this one, thanks!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Oooooh youre with that funny shit too huh? Nah its cool ill do the research myself. Nevermind.

I am afraid I don't understand.

Good feedback is important here and I can only do the item that is mentioned in the initial inquiry.

I would really appreciate a good rating for the work I've done. Thanks!

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.