rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have several Hummel pieces - a couple of which we've had

Customer Question

I have several Hummel pieces - a couple of which we've had since I was a baby (50yrs ago) the others purchased more recently - 1982 or thereabouts. The older ones are almost impossible to make out the number on the bottom. Are these things really worth anything anyway? Thinking of selling cheap at the antique flea market this weekend. Thank you!
JA: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: Hmmmm.... not that I can think of. Been trying to find a website that might be more informative but can't.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 3 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. Most Hummels

have a value of $5 to $20 each on average. You are correct that

these are not really worth much anymore. You can add pictures by using the add files feature, but

I think I gave you the answer that you were looking for and that there would not be one in your collection worth more than $20.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top of your screen and hit the submit button, thanks!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you - that's exactly what I'm going to do. Sell them at the flea market for $20 a piece.

Great! I wish you luck and good weather.

Good feedback for the expert is important here, so to finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top of your screen and hit the green submit button, thanks!