rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.

I have four pictures of Gnomes in different settings, I

I have four pictures of Gnomes in different settings, I can't read the names of the painter. Do you think you could help me with the value and name of painter?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: They were sold at Sears for 4.99 and the sticker reads, 21 5088.
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: They are in an old looking wood frame.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the print/art,
signature and back of frame where there might be labels or writing.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Did you get the files?

Just one, but I can still help with this one photo.

The title is Gnome and Frog and it is a print (not an original) of a painting by artist Paul Lothar Muller (1869-1956), a German artist

that was known for landscapes and for illustrative paintings of gnomes. These images were sold as prints

of his paintings in the 1940's and 50's . The value of each framed print has a value of $20 to $25 each retail.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the green submit button, thanks!

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I read your answer and checked Ebay for similar item. They have post cards for 25 to $30.00. Do you feel the prints, measuring 7" X 8", would sell for the same as post cards?

The asking price for something is not the item's value.

The value is a range of what that same item (a print and a postcard are not comparable) has sold for in the recent past,

and the $20 to $25 is the result of what I have found in my databases of sold prints of these images from this time period.

I hope that explains it better for you.

Thank you so much for the positive rating!