rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I purchased a numbered, signed lithograph recently. I cannot

Customer Question

I purchased a numbered, signed lithograph recently. I cannot read the signature. It was from The Collector's Guild. I have taken photos of it. Can you help?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: It seems to be of a park in Paris. Could I email the photos to you?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: Like what?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the print,
signature and back of frame where there might be labels or writing.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for the photographs. The company The Collector's Guild, Ltd

is no longer in business because they printed works that were not sanctioned/licensed by the artists

and some were not even real (Dali and Picasso, for example). This is a lithograph

of a pen, ink and watercolor drawing of Tuileries Garden in France, artist unknown.

Similar pieces are for sale for $50 to $75 on average retail. For example, http://www.ebay.ie/itm/152210495940

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top of your screen and hit the submit button, thanks!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'd really like to know who the artist was/is.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Am I being charged $5 or $33 for this information? I don't want a membership.

I am unable to find a match for the artist's signature. I will opt-out and allow another expert to answer.
They will see our conversation and your photos. I am not able to respond once I opt-out. Good luck!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you.