rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a turquoise squash blossom necklace, bought

Customer Question

I have a green turquoise squash blossom necklace, bought approximately 20 years ago at gallery in Old Town Albuquerque NM. It is sterling silver and the stones have not been treated. The marking on it is AL. I would like to know the worth and sell it. Thank you.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: I do have a photo. When I purchased it at the time I paid $975.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 7 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. There were no pictures that came with your question.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the item and any marks, labels or writing.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am sending photos. Please let me know if you received. Thank you.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The length of the necklace is 15 inches.

This is an Augustine Largo Navajo vintage Kingman turquoise sterling silver squash

blossom necklace with turquoise and feather/bead pattern, signed AL on back of naja.

This necklace has a current value of $1200 to $1400 retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Varagesale.com, Ioffer.com, OfferUp.com, Ebay and letgo.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top of your screen and hit the submit button, thanks!

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.