ExpertAppraiser, Accredited Appraiser
Experience:  USPAP appraiser: art, antiques, coins and collectibles.

I have a copper and bronze General Electric flood light that

Customer Question

I have a copper and bronze General Electric flood light that sat atop the Gable Street Electricity Generating Station that was the first power plant in Houston Texas, built in 1900. After Hurricane Alicia damaged the flood light in 1983, I was task with removing and replacing it for Houston Lighting & Power Co. I ask to keep the old light and refurbished it for an art deco lamp. I mounted it on a solid oak pedestal. The asbestos wiring was replace with 125 volt wiring and bulb. I viewed an identical light on a sothby's webside in terrible shape for 3,000. Can you tell me if it has any additional value considering it's histoty?
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  ExpertAppraiser replied 11 days ago.

Thanks for the inquiry! These spotlights remain popular with collectors and functional today. Typically at architectural salvage firms these GE copper flood lights sell at the $800 to $1,500 level (there are three, perhaps not as nice as yours but similar, selling on eBay at the $900 level currently, see: Mounted and in "ready to use" condition, a value of $1,200 to $1,800 would be supported. It may have additional value within the Houston area, but the primary buyers will be decorators looking for a cool, vintage light.

Following-up! Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING NOW SO THAT I AM CREDITED BY JA for my knowledge, time and effort.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars and bonus gives me the best rating.

This will close out the question and allow me to assist others, as I assisted you.

Expert:  ExpertAppraiser replied 10 days ago.

Following-up one final time as you reviewed your answer shortly after I posted it, yet elected to not rate it. I am following-up to see if I can be of further assistance as I noticed that you elected to not rate the question.

At JustAnswer the only way that experts receive any compensation for our efforts is if the customers rate our professionalism.

Please rate using the star system so that this question may be closed out and again, thank you.