Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I have all sorts of glassware. I have no idea if they are

Customer Question

Hi I have all sorts of green glassware. I have no idea if they are collectables. Can you help me. Are they worth anything?
JA: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Kathy
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: My mom passed them onto me. I might have depression glass or antique glass items. Someone wants to have a look at them and I have no idea what they are worth. There are crackled pitchers with glasses to match
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 11 days ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Please send me a photo of the marks/labels on the bottom. Also send a photo of the glass pattern.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks/labels.

If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks/labels and take a photo of the sketch.

To send photos you may use the "reply to expert" or "add files" in the blue box link on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
hi doris
I can't get pictures to you. how else can we do this. there is no writing on them.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I live in Australia. Is this going to be expensive?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Never mind do not have her call. do not charge me.
Do not charge me monthly either.
what is the charge for today. I didn't get any help with my questions and its too late for me to get an answer now.
thank you
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
cancel everything please and don't charge please
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
please cancel everything

I do not accept requests for phone calls. I give my best answers in thoughtful writing.

Besides, you will have an assessment to print out. I did not send you the pop-up.

Site Charges:

We professionals are not considered employees of Just Answer, We are verified by the site to answer questions in our fields. We are considered site users just like you. Therefore we have no knowledge of or control over the finances of the site or what they charge customers.
If you wish to discuss site charges, you may contact customer support at

Or by phone:

US/Canada 1.***-***-****
Available 6am to 9pm PST

Australia 1800-679-634
New Zealand 0800-452-621
United Kingdom 0***-***-****
The rest of the world 1-***-***-****

I wish you the best.