rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.

I have a set of Haviland fine bone china and I was wondering

Customer Question

I have a set of Haviland fine bone china and I was wondering how I can determine the value.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I am not sure of the pattern, but it has two stamps on the back. A green one that says "Haviland France" and a red that says "Haviland & Co Limoges"
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: It is service for 8. Everything is there except one tea cup.
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 12 days ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help.

The green and red Haviland Limoges marks represent the maker and decorator marks for the porcelain, indicating a date of 1896 to 1905 with the two marks.

They had hundreds of patterns and 80% of them have no name. A service for 8

of Haviland Linoges porcelain has a current value of $700 to $900 retail on average.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are,,, Ebay and
You can also go to or and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top of your screen and hit the submit button, thanks!