rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have two original paintings by J. Schrup - I believe they

Customer Question

I have two original paintings by J. Schrup - I believe they are titled "The Crucifixion" and "The Burial". How can I go about determining the value of each?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: One of the paintings is signed "J Schrupp 61" The other is signed "Shrupp 61"
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: They are both framed, oil paintings on canvas. I am the original owner. I believe they were purchased 15 years ago or longer.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the paintings,
signatures and any labels on the back of the completed framing.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I cannot currently view them from the back. They are large and I will need help taking them down and putting them back. What can be known from the paintings alone?
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

John Edmund Schrup (born 1937) was a Texas and Wisconsin artist

that was also an art teacher for a while. These paintings from 1961

have a value of $400 to $600 each.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Varagesale.com, Ioffer.com, OfferUp.com, Ebay and letgo.com

or list ads on these sites; artbrokerage.com, askart.com, artnet.com, artvalue.com, or artprice.com.

You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top of your screen and hit the submit button, thanks!