rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

What is the value of USS Constitution cannon coffee table, I

Customer Question

what is the value of USS Constitution cannon coffee table
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I only got it today and their person said it had belonged to her mother
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. There were no pictures that came with your question.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the item and any marks, labels or writing.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What is the value of a USS Constitution coffee table all I know is it was the ladies mother's. I just got it todayhttp://f01.justanswer.com.s3.amazonaws.com/e3kwTRj3/coffee+table+cannon.jpg
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It needs a little TLC would it decrease the value by doing so?
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

This is a replica USS Constitution cannon pine coffee table, made in the 1970's.

The cannon tube is also wood from having seen more than one of these in my day.

While fishermen and some ship did have wooden decoy cannons back then, the Naval vessels did not, so

it is a replica novelty table.

The table has a current value of $300 to $400 as it is. I would suggest not doing anything to it if

you are planning to sell it.

Some sites that I recommend are Varagesale.com, Chairish.com, Ioffer.com, Furnishly.com, Deconet.com, Lushpad, Krrb.com, and letgo.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top of your screen and hit the submit button, thanks!

Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.