LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher

I have a painted wooden horse and wonder its value. Approx

Customer Question

I have a painted wooden horse and wonder its value. Approx 20"high. I can send pictures. Ty, Susan
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 18 days ago.

Hello my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. Please post a few photos of the horse overall so I may be able to evaluate the overall horse and a clear close up if there are any markings on the horse please. Thank you To post photos click on file upload and follow the prompts. There is one photo showing however it only shows the center the head and back end are cut off.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Did u get the 7+ photos I sent? Thx

I have not received any photos as of yet.

Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 17 days ago.

I have not received the photos if you emailed them did you put " forCustomerquot; in the email for the company to forward on to me? ***@******.*** is the email address to send photos to

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hope u get these. He is approx 20" x 24. I can't find any markings. His tail is plugged in, so I removed it and clearly tell it is wood. Both ears are damaged.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Please send toCustomer
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Pls send toCustomer
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Images I sent you on Oct 11
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Lady Tanya, did u ever receive my photos of the painted, wooden horse? Thx, susan
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Please send photos toCustomer
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I have had incredible difficulty sending my photos to ladytanya95 thru you. Please acknowledge this communique and advise me whether you have sent her the photos successfully. Thank you, ***** *****
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Please cancel this transaction. Too difficult. Do not charge my acct. thank you.
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 11 hours ago.

Hi Customer, Thank you for the photos I do have all the photos now. I appreciate your patience and help on the photos and measurements. This is a folk art horse, hand carved out of wood and then layered thinly with a type of plaster. You can see this in the tail especially where it has chipped. Once dried it was painted and it looks to be the original paint still on this horse. The age is 1920-1930s and it would have stood on the porch or in social room for decoration.. At 20" tall x 24" long the value would be $350-400.00 in today's market or for insurance purposes the value would be $500.00

If I have answered all your questions and helped you please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer it is just how I am paid from the site. Thank you :

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars:

1 or 2 stars are that I have not helped you in answering 3-4 I have helped you yet not completely and 5 stars are I have answered you and been fully helpful. If you still have questions please allow me to help you fully before rating with the stars. I enjoy helping customers and do my best to fully answer all questions.