Wayne, Auctioneer
Experience:  40 yrs. experience in antiques, jewelry, coins and paintings - ASA 1985
67223111

I've come into possession of an American Waltham watch

Customer Question

I've come into possession of an American Waltham watch company # 297 12244435 watch size 16 Arabic dial dial nickel open face-15-nickels, What is the value of this item?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: It was given to me by the son of the deseased owner who wants to clear out his garage.
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: No.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Wayne replied 6 months ago.

My name is***** have been dealing in and appraising Antiques for over 40 years, and I can help you with this. According to the serial number your watch was made in 1903 it is called a Seaside. Your watch would sell for $100-150 at auction in good running condition. Insurance replacement value is $249.

Thanks,

Please click the Stars*****When you read this answer

Expert:  Wayne replied 6 months ago.

Is there anything else I can tell you about this? It is important that you click on the stars *****. This is the way justanswer compensates me for my time and efforts without additional cost to you. It has been a pleasure working with you.
Thanks again,